1. Do it all yourself, under your own steam.
2. Riders must carry all their own gear (i.e. no domestiques, unless you are part of a team).
3. No outside support, this means no support from friends or family along the way, no support vehicles of any kind.
4. Follow 100% of the course. If part of the trail / road is officially closed due to unforeseen circumstances, follow all direction of the controlling authorities
5. Riders must carry a satellite tracking device [Spot or similar] connected to the event “web based” tracking site, Maprogress. [refer tracking page]
6. In the event of bike or equipment failure, riders will need to return to the route at the same location to resume the event.
7. Riders can only resupply food, obtain accommodation, obtain bike / equipment repairs, at commercial business along the route.
8. The event has no cutoff time.
9. When on public roads, follow the NZ Road Code.
10. Riders must observe all rules laid down by land mangers along the route (such as the Department of Conservation).